Frequently asked questions. Clear answers.
- When and how often do the classes take place?
- Our courses usually take place 5 times a week on weekdays.
- Only for evening courses we sometimes have 4 course days per week.
- the morning courses (8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.) last 5 lessons per day,
- the afternoon courses (2:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.) 4 lessons daily and
- the evening courses (6:15 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.) 4 lessons daily.
- How long do the courses last?
- A complete course from beginner level to level B1 at normal pace lasts about 7 - 8 months (7 modules = 700 hours) depending on the time.
- Especially the parent courses last about 10 - 11 months (10 modules = 1000 hours) up to B1 level.
- According to the results of the placement test, the individual starting level can also be higher. Therefore, the course can also be shorter.
- What does the course cost?
- As a self-payer, the course costs 5,00 € per lesson.
- The examination fee for self-payers is 200,- €.
- 2,20 € per lesson are paid by entitled persons with the possibility of 50% reimbursement by the BAMF in case of regular attendance and successful B1 examination and orientation course examination within 2 years from the validity of the entitlement or obligation.
- In case of cost exemption by an appropriate authority, the tuition is FREE!
- Are there any subsidies for the courses?
- Migrants with the appropriate residence permit are entitled to participate in the integration course and are also financially supported and only have to pay 2.20 € per lesson.
- In case of regular course attendance and successful passing of the B1 exam and orientation course exam within 2 years from the validity of the entitlement or obligation, the student can apply for 50% refund of his payments made. To do this, send this application to the BAMF by registered mail. Please include a copy of your integration course certificate.
- If a student is a recipient of social benefits such as ALG2 or housing allowance, he/she can be exempted from the costs and the course is then FREE for him/her. In this case, travel expenses can also be reimbursed if the school is more than 3 km away from the student's home.
- What exams can I take with you?
- We offer regularly on Saturdays different exams in the levels A1 - A2 - B1 - B2;
- certified by the TELC Institute.
- Which documents are necessary?
For application or registration we need
- Your current identification document or passport,
- the current ALG2 or similar benefit notification,
- the integration agreement from the job center,
- the commitment letter from the relevant authority.
- Are there free practice tests/model test "Deutsch-Test für Zuwanderer A2-B1"?
Yes, there are free model tests and practice tests available for download at the following link:
- Where can I find further information on the Deutsch-Test für Zuwanderer A2-B1?
You can find further information on the Deutsch-Test für Zuwanderer A2-B1 at the following link:
- Are there any exercise materials for the books in the general integration courses available online or for download?
Yes, they are available from "Schritte plus" (new) from Hueber Verlag, for the books we use in class.
- Which books does the language school use in the literacy courses?
We use books from Hueber Verlag and our own material that we provide free of charge.